Harvard Aesculapian Club
The Harvard Aesculapian Club, a social club associated with Harvard Medical School, was founded in 1902. When the Deanery Lounge at their main building, the historic Vanderbilt Hall, started showing its years, the Club called in Construction Coordinators, Inc. (CCI) to renovate it. The Club wanted their lounge to be brought into the 21st century, with new technology, brighter colors, and better furniture.
CCI, working with Bergmeyer Associates, completely updated the aging lounge. They put in new tables and comfortable couches, Wi-Fi (a high-tech installation for 2008, when the project was done), and a new AV system including a wall-hanging television. CCI also overhauled the lighting system and revamped the acoustics of the room. Most notably, however, CCI restored the beautiful, decades-old wood trim of the lounge. The trim had been scuffed, cut, and removed over the years, and needed serious work, but CCI had to be careful to not overwrite the history of the trim in the restoration process.
The end result was an ergonomically, sonically and visually transformed lounge that provides a welcome place for comfort and gatherings to Harvard’s busy medical students.