We are looking to hire a solid construction estimator to join our team. This estimator will calculate material quantity requirements; gather, prepare and maintain routine estimating data, quantity take-offs, bid packages, estimates, cost and value engineering.
- Calculate material quantity requirements (i.e. quantity take-offs) from drawings
- Assist in the gathering and researching of company historical data for construction estimating
- Prepare summary reports from pre-existing data as required.
- Revise take-offs and construction estimates to reflect plan revisions and changes
- Liaise with field personnel to identify and address concerns
- Perform multiple, detail-oriented tasks with time-sensitive deadlines
- Read and interpret blueprints and selection documentation
- Identify, implement and estimate construction cost saving opportunities
- Review design options and recommends best solution based on cost, schedule, constructibility, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors to participate in construction estimating process
- Assist in maximizing trade bid coverage via invitation, and phone confirmation
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Construction estimating or project management experience
- Knowledge of architectural, structural, and/or MEP systems
- Construction/field experience
- Exceptional computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, as well as a technical knowledge of construction assemblies and construction costs
- Detail oriented, organized with strong time management skills
- Team player with the ability to communicate with team members and management
- Written and oral communication in a professional and competent manner
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering + Management, Architecture, other related fields is preferred.